Website Hilton Bandung
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The core responsibilities of the Purchasing Supervisor are to assist the Purchasing Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Purchasing department and to procure the items required by the Management at a competitive price but without compromising quality.
What will I be doing?
As the Purchasing Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Follow up on hotel purchasing policy and procedures when carrying out of all purchases.
• Obtain three competitive quotes from suppliers to minimize cost to hotel.
• Conduct interviews with suppliers and representatives, obtain information, specifications, quotations on items required and handle subsequent correspondence and negotiations for procurement.
• Place orders with suppliers and ensure timely delivery to satisfy hotel requirement and trace the outstanding orders to ensure operational needs are met.
• Check pricing of purchase orders and determining appropriate supplier to obtain best quality and price.
• Conduct market survey to understand the market trend and the price floating.
• Safeguard the petty cash float (if any) to ensure no unauthorized access the float.
• Collect the Market List quotation at regular intervals.
• Regularly review contract supplies to ensure prices remain competitive, maintaining competitor knowledge of similar products by regularly surveying price lists of other hotels operation supplies.
• Analyze market trends to anticipate likely price fluctuations for the purpose of maintaining inventory either for long or short time periods.
• Ensure all documentation (purchase orders, invoices, delivery dockets, etc.) are forwarded to Accounts Payable on a timely basis.
• Minimize the risks of accidents and workers compensation costs by ensuring the correct work practices are used and that the area is safe from hazards.
• Handle all requests and enquiries in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
• Perform any additional tasks assigned to ensure that the department functions smoothly.
• Strictly follow the code of conduct.
What are we looking for?
A Purchasing Supervisor serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• College graduate.
• At least 2 years of working experience as Purchasing Officer.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Able to lead, provide guidance and develop team members.
• Knowledgeable of supplies.
• Mature and reliable person.
• Good command of both written and spoken English to meet business needs.
• Prior experience in related work preferred.
• Able to be resourceful, creative and maintain flexibility.
• Flexible in relation to work hours.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!