Website Robert Walters
Staffing and Recruiting
A Purchasing Manager (Automotive) job has become available at a leader within the manufacturing world.
About The Purchasing Manager (Automotive) Role
As a Purchasing Manager, your role will involve managing the procurement and sourcing activities for the company to ensure a consistent supply of materials, products, and services needed for its operations.
- Developing and implementing a procurement strategy that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives. This involves identifying potential suppliers, negotiating contracts, and establishing relationships with key vendors
- Identifying, evaluating, and selecting suppliers based on criteria such as quality, cost, reliability, and responsiveness. Managing relationships with existing suppliers to ensure timely delivery and consistent quality of goods and services
- Negotiating pricing, terms, and contracts with suppliers to obtain the best possible deals while maintaining quality and reliability
- Monitoring market trends, conducting cost analysis, and identifying opportunities for cost savings and cost optimisation within the procurement process
- Ensuring optimal inventory levels to prevent overstocking or stockouts. Implementing inventory control measures to manage inventory turnover and minimise carrying costs
- Identifying potential risks in the supply chain, such as disruptions, geopolitical issues, and changes in regulations. Developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies to ensure continuity of supply
- Establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess supplier performance. Regularly evaluating suppliers against these metrics and working to address any performance issues
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as production, logistics, and quality assurance to ensure seamless communication and coordination of procurement activities
- Managing procurement contracts, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions, and handling contract renewals or modifications as needed
- Staying updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new suppliers. This helps in identifying potential opportunities for innovation and improvement in the procurement process
- If applicable, overseeing a team of procurement professionals, providing guidance, training, and performance evaluations
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, ethical standards, and relevant regulations in all procurement activities
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve the procurement process, such as implementing digital tools or automation to increase efficiency
- Developing and managing the procurement budget, tracking expenses, and providing cost forecasts
To succeed in this Purchasing Manager (Automotive) role, you must have good understanding in using SAP and strong connections with automotive raw materials vendors.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree graduate from any major (master’s degree preferred)
- Proven eight or more years’ experience as a Purchasing Manager or in a similar procurement leadership role
- Strong connection with vendors within automotive industry
- Strong SAP skills
- Strong knowledge of procurement strategies, supplier management, and cost control
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mindset with the ability to utilize data for decision-making
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools
- Familiarity with industry regulations and compliance standards
- Leadership and team management skills
- Problem-solving ability and a proactive approach to challenges
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ethical and professional conduct
- Fluency in English and any other relevant languages
This company is much more than a mining firm and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity.
If you are a progressive Purchasing Manager with a can-do attitude, this Purchasing Manager (Automotive) role is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.