Website DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta Diponegoro
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Guest Service Agent greets and registers guests, providing prompt and courteous service. He / she checks guests in and out, resolving guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel. This role upgrades guests as required and promotes the hotel’s services.
What will I be doing?
As the Guest Service Agent, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rates.
• Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guests’ needs, code electronic keys, confirms the room number and rates with a written confirmation.
• Promote and administer Hilton marketing programs such as Hilton Honors for arriving guests, ensuring guests know the location of rooms containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc., to guests.
• Ensure rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guests’ statements, properly stating services provided by the hotel.
• Assist guests with check-out payments or charges, accepting and recording vouchers, credits, traveller’s checks and other forms of payment, converting foreign currency at current posted rates.
• Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome with a positive and clear speaking voice, listen and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
• Receive special requests from guests and respond appropriately or forward requests to appropriate team members for their decisions and actions.
• Promptly answer the telephone and email inquiries, inputting messages into the computer and advising other team members of special guests’ needs.
• Retrieve messages and communicate the content to guests, retrieving mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items for customers as requested.
• Record guests’ complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solution and negotiate results.
• Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, quality of dishes etc.
• Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity.
• Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
• Take on an active role in the team by being kind, cooperative, and helpful and never forgetting the person behind the guest.
• Actively take part in training where and when required, attending formal training sessions and on the job trainings to ensure standards and develop skills and abilities.
• Contribute to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and customer care to team members and guests.
• Take on an active role in the Executive Floor team, ensuring effective communication and working as a team in order to reach goals and targets.
• Create a warm and welcoming arrival for guests, ensuring that they feel expected and immediately “at-home” when they arrive.
• Check-in guests in accordance with their reservation details, ensuring that the registration cards are completed, reservation information confirmed, Hilton Honours and Frequent Flyer numbers enquired about, and method of payment is secured.
• Handle complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action, and informing the Duty Manager or Guest Relations Manager to follow-up where appropriate.
• Follow-up with all guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution.
• Maintain awareness of guests’ profile and specific preferences, ensuring that they are acted upon for each reservation.
• Ensure that VIP guests are treated personally and recognized as an individual.
• Liaise with Sales, Reservations and the Business Development teams to handle corporate guests.
• Promote Hilton Honours and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program, ensuring that existing Hilton Honours members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
• Ensure a prompt and efficient departure, by settling guests’ accounts as per billing and reservation instructions, ensuring that all guests’ folios are correct.
• Input information into Fidelio regarding guests, ensuring accuracy and that all details are completed, and the information can be clearly understood by other team members.
• Apply Hilton brand standards in each and every action, acting as a role model and example of how the standards should be carried out in a practical setting.
• Up to date with information on facilities, attractions, and places of interests, sights and activities in and around the hotel.
• Effectively communicate, coordinate and cooperate with Housekeeping, F&B, Engineering and IT.
• Report problems with hotel systems, hardware or facilities to the appropriate parties and follow-up to ensure that corrective action has been taken.
• Ensure that the Guest Service Manager is kept aware and up to date with operational issues.
• Pass on information effectively, ensuring that all necessary details are communicated to the intended person and that any pending action is completed, and guest satisfaction is confirmed.
• Attend daily briefings, shift handovers, meetings and read the logbook on a daily basis.
• Ensure that the day-to-day functions of the front desk are completed, including but not limited to checklists, trace reports, credit limit checks, and online back-ups.
• Check registration cards, meetings and functions information, billing instructions, and reservation backup to ensure that all information received is acted upon accordingly.
• Ensure that the front desk stock is managed and not wasted, maintaining costs where able.
• Keep up to date and aware of competitor activities in order to be well informed.
• Adhere to the hotel selling strategy of Demand Based Pricing and maintain rate integrity by offering clear, transparent, and value for money rates to guests.
• Comply with Health & Safety, Emergency Management, the Disaster manual, Fire procedures and regulations, taking part in the fire team when and where directed.
• Adhere strictly to standard cash handling procedures, ensuring to balance float and drop the required amount, managing cash, credit card transactions, city ledgers, vouchers and all other forms of payment correctly.
• Adhere to the company’s credit policy at all times when handling cash, credit card transactions, city ledgers, providing currency exchange services, LPO and third party payments for rooms, meetings, F&B and any other charges that may be incurred by guests.
• Provide safety deposit boxes to guests, ensuring that guests’ valuables are safe and secure at all times.
• Follow-up on outstanding accounts to ensure no loss of revenue and secure method of payment for upcoming reservations.
• Maintain the efficiency of departure by checking all guests’ folios to ensure accuracy of charges.
• Upsell rooms to higher room and rate categories, ensuring maximum revenue generation from each guest.
• Maintain awareness of sales opportunities within the hotel, maximizing revenue in an ethical and responsible manner, adhering to Hilton brand standards and ensuring that guests receive value for money.
• Attempt to communicate with guests in guests’ native language, if applicable.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Guest Service Agent serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Able to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
• Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing to meet business needs.
• Able to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Good interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
• Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• 1 or 2 years of related working experience preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team members are at the heart of it all!