Website Amar Bank
Who are we?
Amar Bank is one of the most technologically advanced digital banks in Indonesia. Our leading digital lending product, Tunaiku has the distinction of being the first FinTech product in Indonesia. We are also the first digital bank on the cloud. As the first profitable digital bank, we managed to get listed on the Indonesian Stock Exchange.
How did we manage to do that?
We are changing people’s perception of a bank. We believe we are the innovators who combine customer focus principles with creating technology-based impact. We incorporate freedom and flexibility as part of our startup working culture DNA to encourage innovation in creating better financial solutions for the banking industry. We think of ourselves as, ‘A technology company with a banking license’. For this reason, we ‘Act like a FinTech, and think like a Bank.’
How did it all start?
Founded on March 15, 1991, in Surabaya as PT Anglomas International Bank (Amin Bank), the bank was acquired by Tolaram Group and transformed to PT Bank Amar Indonesia (Amar Bank) in 2014. It has then undergone a significant digital transformation to become one of the country’s forerunning fintech institutions through its award-winning digital lending platform, Tunaiku.
Our philosophy, mission, and vision
Technology must impact lives, must improve lives. We exist to provide banking to those who ‘need’ and not only to those who ‘want’. Services when provided to those who need at the time of their need brings smiles. Our vision is to bring 200 million smiles.
More about the bank with startup culture environment
Consist of 1000+ people, you will meet people who love to grow, dream big, and actually have fun at the workplace! We provide a great working environment that pushes people to grow outside their comfort zone. People with high drive and ambition find us a very attractive place to work as their career growth matches their own drive and not any staid policies. Thus we hold the honor of being awarded “Best Place to Work in Indonesia”.Recently Amar Bank was awarded as Inspirational Brand from APEA (Asia Pacific Enterprise Awards) 2022. Of course, our innovation won’t stop here. So if you would love to be a part of it, have a growth mindset, and are constantly hungry for challenges, we invite you to join us in our journey to ‘Impact Lives’.
Join us today and create #unlimitedinnovations!
A Financial Analyst is a professional who provides financial guidance and support to individuals, businesses, or organizations. They analyze financial data, assess investment opportunities, and make recommendations based on their findings. A Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Financial Analysis: Conduct in-depth analysis of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, to evaluate the financial health and performance of a company. Identify trends, assess risk factors, and provide insights into financial performance
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with management teams to develop budgets and financial forecasts. Monitor and analyze actual performance against budgeted targets, identify variances, and provide explanations for deviations. Make recommendations for corrective actions to achieve financial goals
- Investment Analysis: Evaluate investment opportunities, such as stocks, bonds, real estate, or other financial instruments. Conduct research, assess risk and return potential, and provide recommendations on investment strategies. Develop financial models to analyze the projected financial impact of investment decisions
- Financial Modeling: Build and maintain financial models to support financial planning and analysis activities. Develop forecasting models, sensitivity analyses, and scenario planning to assess the impact of different business variables on financial outcomes. Use financial models to support strategic decision-making processes
- Risk Assessment: Identify and assess financial risks and vulnerabilities in a company’s operations or investment portfolio. Conduct risk analysis, stress testing, and scenario analysis to evaluate potential impacts on financial performance. Develop risk management strategies and recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures
- Reporting and Presentations: Prepare financial reports, presentations, and dashboards for management, investors, or other stakeholders. Communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise manner. Present findings, recommendations, and financial insights to senior management or clients
- Industry and Market Research: Stay updated on industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory changes that may impact financial performance. Conduct research on competitors, industry benchmarks, and macroeconomic factors affecting the business. Provide insights and recommendations based on research findings
- Financial Planning and Strategy: Assist in the development of financial plans, goals, and strategies for the organization. Collaborate with key stakeholders to align financial objectives with overall business objectives. Provide input and analysis to support strategic decision-making processes
- Data Analysis and Financial Software: Utilize financial software, spreadsheets, and databases to collect, organize, and analyze financial data. Use data analysis techniques to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities for improvement. Ensure data accuracy and integrity in financial models and reports
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay updated on financial regulations, accounting standards, and reporting requirements. Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations in financial analysis and reporting activities. Provide support during external audits and regulatory inspections
The preferred candidate will demonstrate the below key skills and competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, accounting principles, and financial analysis techniques
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to interpret and analyze financial data, identify trends, and draw meaningful conclusions
- Familiarity with the banking industry. Understanding of industry trends, competitors, and key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to financial analysis
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software (such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets) and financial software packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey complex financial information to stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Ability to prepare clear and concise financial reports, presentations, and recommendations
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial analysis and reports. Ability to spot errors or inconsistencies in financial data and make appropriate adjustments
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to identify issues, analyze alternatives, and develop effective solutions. Ability to think strategically and provide insights to support decision-making processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize work effectively
- Adherence to professional ethics and standards, including confidentiality, integrity, and objectivity in financial analysis and reporting
Plus point if:
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration (MBA), or a related discipline
- Proficiency in financial modeling, forecasting, and valuation methodologies
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools (such as SQL, Tableau, or Power BI)