Website Robert Walters
Staffing and Recruiting
A Factory GM (Garment) job has become available at a leader within the garments world.
About The Factory GM (Garment) Role
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Factory GM (Garment) will be responsible for overseeing and managing all plant operations functions and ensure optimal usage of resources to produce garments that meet the customer’s quality, timeliness, and quantity specifications, within the Plant’s cost and performance expectations.
- Be responsible for day-to-day factory operation and contribute to the annual operating plan
- Communicate the factory’s business and annual departmental operating plans to direct reports as context for developing their annual goals
- Continuously improve the factory organisational structure, sewer non-sewer ratio, role profiles and cross-functional work process flows to optimise the effective recruitment, deployment, and direction of people in manufacturing
- Develop and implement annual production machinery plan, including addition of new machines, replacement, and upgrade of existing machines within group guidelines
- Monitor and report performance against agreed targets/budget, assess reasons for deviation, act to solve output shortfalls, and give early warning to PMC and marketing on production problems to help avoid negative surprises for the customers
To succeed in this Factory GM (Garment) role, you must have good understanding in conceptual, scoping, management and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree of all majors preferably in industrial engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in garment manufacturers (lingerie, bonding or knits) of which at least five years in a managerial or executive position
- Proven track record in managing a large-scale (over 2,000 workers) garment manufacturing operation in South/Southeast Asia
- Fluent English (spoken and written), ability to speak local languages is preferred
- Experience in bonding product manufacturing is preferred
This company is much more than a garment firm and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity.
If you are a progressive Factory GM (Garment) with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.