Website DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta Diponegoro
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Director of Catering & Events is responsible for ensuring coordination between the Events Sales department and Front Lines / Back-of-House departments. He / she directs and drives all activities of the department, with specific responsibilities for ensuring high quality standards delivered by the team, as well as developing and implementing action plans set forth in the Marketing plan.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Catering & Events, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Responsible for the promotion and sales of all products of the hotel, including but not limited to banquets, rooms, marriages, catering, etc.
• Lead the team to achieve sales targets and related tasks set by the hotel.
• Develop sales plans and ensure that all team members maintain and develop customers in the region or industry they are responsible for according to the plan, understanding customer needs through telephone sales, face-to-face visits and other forms, achieving sales.
• Summarize and manage the hotel sales process, conducting regular sales evaluations to ensure each salesperson achieves the sales target.
• Monitor the output value of sales and adjust sales actions according to market changes.
• Organize travel schedules and manage travel expenses to optimize sales force.
• Build relationships with convention companies, conference service companies, travel agents and Hilton regional sales offices.
• Make every employee in the Banquet Sales department aware of his / her responsibilities, goals and achievements, and evaluate employees twice a year.
• Personally manage and maintain key accounts.
• Set personal sales goals and select key customers.
• Work with Sales, Marketing Communications and Revenue Management to adjust team bookings to achieve maximum productivity within the hotel.
• Ensure that the Sales team effectively complete quotations, send contracts to customers and follow-up promptly, inviting customers to visit the hotel.
• Ensure that the department sends the teamwork order in a timely manner and the banquet work order is received by the relevant departments.
• Proactively collect market and industry information to share with other members of the Sales team, capturing business opportunities and ultimately converting to business confirmations.
• Understand and be familiar with all product information of competitors, including key customers and their output, hotel rooms, catering, conference promotion information, and feedback promptly to the Commercial Director / Director of Sales.
• Welcome key customers, team leaders and VIPs to the hotel when they arrive.
• Organize regular meetings to ensure effective communication between the Sales team and the hotel Operations team, assisting the Banquet Sales department or Operations department in following-up on events during the banquet or meeting.
• Maximize sales at all times and effectively forecast team and banquet revenue.
• Responsible for the budget formulation of relevant departments, actively participate in the formulation of forecasts and market plans.
• Provide regular training to employees to ensure that the team is familiar with hotel products and processes, able to efficiently explore customer needs and provide professional customized services.
• Regularly analyze customer output and source market structure, anticipate market trends and design products and channels in advance to seize business opportunities.
• Lead the Sales team to achieve departmental goals.
• Organize and host weekly team and banquet communication meetings, as well as large-scale event communication meetings.
• Ensure proper operation of major events and timely correction of hazardous areas as recommended by Fire Safety Officers.
• Work closely with the Food & Beverage department to ensure the maintenance of hotel hygiene and food safety control standards.
• Ensure Sales staff are aware of basic training and food safety and hygiene control guidelines, as well as the handling of food hygiene complaints procedures.
• Liaise with F&B to develop new concepts and themed menus to meet guest needs and provide better options to increase revenue.
• Always ensure warm and considerate service as part of the hospitality industry.
• The department reserves the right to change or supplement the job description if necessary.
• Perform any other reasonable duties assigned.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Catering & Events serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Hospitality: Volunteer to provide unparalleled hospitality.
• Integrity: Do what you should do all the time.
• Leadership: Strive to be a leader in both your industry and your community.
• Teamwork: Actively promote teamwork spirit in all work.
• Ownership: take responsibility for your actions and make decisions.
• Now: Operate with urgency and discipline.
• Junior College degree.
• Good English and Chinese reading and writing skills to meet business needs.
• Abe to work under strong pressure.
• Understand local customers and have strong market analysis ability.
• Have certain customer resources.
• Able to set overall business objectives and action plans best suited to the hotel.
• Able to formulate and implement operating budgets and business plans.
• Able to effectively market and position the brand at desired levels.
• Knowledgeable of political, economic and social issues, and market trends.
• Good communication skills, knowledge and ability to deal with crisis.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!