United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About The Department
The Direct Sales Representative is an intermediate position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to deliver a full range of sales and customer support activities in coordination with the Consumer Sales team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of support services to Citi clients and to assist team in meeting sales targets.
– Supervise 2 Field Sales Supervisors, each handling 8-12 Field Sales Representatives
– Perform managerial duties including: performing evaluations, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations as well as providing direction of daily tasks and responsibilities to team members
– Develop strategic sales planning and working cross function/department to identify NTB acquisition opportunity or process improvement while maintaing good quality and minimum escalation/finding
– Identify techniques to improve sales productivity to ensure business targets are met and conduct team trainings
– Identify new market opportunities and influence decisions through advice and counsel
– Maintain compliance and legal standards set forth by business
– Apply in-depth knowledge of sales to resolve client issues and identify client needs
– Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding bank’s client
and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
– Minimum 6 years of experience in direct sales for credit cards and leading sales team.
– Good managerial skills
– Deep understanding of sales tactics and strategies.
– Good understanding of competitor’s mapping
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.